You can do this! (And we can help.)
Asheville Half Marathon Training with ChiRunning Founder and Fleet Feet of Asheville — This training program includes essential in-person support from Danny at technique clinics, long runs and hill/track workouts with support from certified local running coaches and Danny Dreyer with Chi Running. All running levels and abilities welcome. Running and cool race swag from our partners including hydration systems, training tee, marathon swag, nutritional freebies and discounts with various running partners.
- Thursdays @ 6 pm Speed work/ Hills
- Sundays @ 8:30 am Long Run
Why run with Fleet Feet Sports?
- Complete training plan to get you to the start and finish line for the half or the full marathon.
- An official ‘In Training’ tee with a training plan sign-up and attendance of the community kickoff training event in October (date TBA).
- Swag from our Asheville Marathon & Half partners such as Nuun, and more…
- Friends to run with all fall and winter long.
- Discounted race entry for the Full and Half marathon.
- A Techniques Class — One for the marathoners and one for half marathoners, at the beginning of each of the respective training periods, held at UNCA Track
- Long Training Runs — All long runs will take place on terrain and surfaces similar to the Asheville Marathon and Half Marathon and include some specific technique instruction for the course. See Training Program Schedule below.
- General weekday Group Runs (optional) — With experienced Training Group Leaders for all levels and abilities of runners; Including Danny Dreyer from Chi Running, Chi Running Staff, Fleet Feet of Asheville staff and trainers as well as prior participants that have completed the Chi Running training and the AVL Marathon or Half Marathon previously! Locations, times, and distances are given when you register for the training program.
For more information or if you would like to sign up for a program, please email email@example.com