This year, we have partnered with Chi Running to host the official training program for the Asheville Marathon and Half, located on the Biltmore Estate! You will have the opportunity to learn Chi Running technique through a program designed by Chi Running co-founder Danny Dreyer. The program will integrate with our current Half Marathon training here at Fleet Feet Sports, giving you the chance to train with both our certified running coaches and Danny himself.
Community training perks include:
- Complete training plan to get you to the start and finish line for the half or the full marathon.
- An official ‘In Training’ tee with a training plan sign-up and attendance of the community kickoff training event in October (date TBA).
- Swag from our Asheville Marathon & Half partners such as Nuun, and more…
- Friends to run with all fall and winter long.
- Discounted race entry for the Full and Half marathon.
- A Techniques Class — One for the marathoners and one for half marathoners, at the beginning of each of the respective training periods, held at UNCA Track
- Long Training Runs — All long runs will take place on terrain and surfaces similar to the Asheville Marathon and Half Marathon and include some specific technique instruction for the course. See Training Program Schedule below.
- General weekday Group Runs (optional) — With experienced Training Group Leaders for all levels and abilities of runners; Including Danny Dreyer from Chi Running, Chi Running Staff, Fleet Feet of Asheville staff and trainers as well as prior participants that have completed the Chi Running training and the AVL Marathon or Half Marathon previously! Locations, times, and distances are given when you register for the training program.
- Digital version of our training program.
Learn more about this training program here.